What is it?: A day for Ally allies to support the trials of Allies, who for too long have struggled to meet the basic standards of human decency.
When is it: Apparently every day.
What can I do?: We’re still working on getting the bracelets, but until then you can plaster this flag onto every available space:
In honor of Ally Day, we are also holding an Ally Convention. Highlighted activities and workshops include:
- Oppression by Association: How to re-center the discussion of oppression on yourself
- Cookies 101: How to beg
- Bechdel Test: How dating, befriending, or otherwise associating with oppressed individual renders you incapable of furthering oppressive ideology.
- Speakerphone: How to spread awareness by speaking over the oppressed. [Guest appearance by Tim Wise]
- This Land is Your Land, But Mostly My Land: How to insert yourself into spaces made for and by individuals with marginalized identities.
- Ally Pride Parade: A celebration of the true you. [Musical appearance by Lady Gaga]
More information will be distributed as the event date approaches. Until then, remember… ally behind your allies.
Bringing this back because shit, allies actually want it…
And sadly, we’re not joking. :|
Isn’t it wonderfully depressing how a show that’s supposed to be about the future can be so backwards in some aspects :/
(Source: theholyranga, via fyeahgarakbashir)