“Good Omens art promp idea! Crowley has a pic of Azzi naked, its very tasteful with urns and stuff so its real art! it was done in the 19th Century when Crowley was having his err nap. Not sure if Azzi know he has it. Crowley didn’t know about it till he saw it in the gallery.”
Crowley sauntered through the art gallery and smiled to himself.
The 21st century was a good time for evil. With over seven billion people on the planet, more things were going on than ever. Move around now and again, take a trip occasionally, hang around bars and parliament buildings and broadcasting stations, and you were just bound to end up at the right place at the right time every now and then. Later, Hell would tell you how impressed they were with the latest political scandal, or unbelievably inhuman legislation, or the phenomenon of pick-up artists, and you’d nod and smile humbly, why yes, you’re only Hell’s servant, just doing your job, thank you very much.
— Neil Gaiman and Terry Prachett (Good Omens)
Remember when they face the Devil?
He smiled at Crowley.
“I’d just like to say,” he said, “if we don’t get out of this, that … I’ll have known, deep down inside, that there was a spark of goodness in you.”
“That’s right,” said Crowley bitterly. “Make my day.”
Aziraphale held out his hand.
“Nice knowing you,” he said.
Crowley took it.
“Here’s to the next time,” he said. “And … Aziraphale?”
“Just remember I’ll have known that, deep down inside, you were just enough of a bastard to be worth liking.”
The moment when you realise they’re already talking about each other in the past tense.
emir-dynamite asked: Aziraphale/Crowley
Wow tumblr, thanks for letting me know i had something in my inbox, you’re the bestest. (-_-)
- who cooks normally?: They tend to go out to eat, when they feel like it. That said, usually Aziraphale. He’s just…really not good at it.
- how often do they fight?: Eh, well, it really depends what you call a fight. I mean, they haven’t (intentionally) discorporated each other in a few centuries, but they do tend to…bicker sometimes. During one particularly memorable match, Crowley banned Aziraphale from ever even touching the Bentley again, which led to the angel banning Crowley from the bookshop, which turned into one big war of escalation wherein one of them was eventually banned from the whole of Europe. They reconciled after a year or two, though it’s still not a good idea to bring it up. Ever.
- what do they do when they’re away from each other?:Well, Crowley is a demon, and Aziraphale’s an angel, those are jobs unto themselves, so there’s some of wiles and thwartings of them going on.
- nicknames for each other?: “Angel”, “demon”, the usual. Though there was Aziraphale’s failed “monastic period”, which involved Crowley following the angel around the monastery, calling him every food-related nickname he could think of, until he’d snapped and told Crowley to go away. Out loud. In front of the other monks. To be honest, Aziraphale was a terrible monk anyway, and he kept killing the plants somehow.
- who is more likely to pay for dinner?: …Pay? What is this nonsense you speak?
- who steals the covers at night?: Crowley. Mostly because he’s the only one who actually uses the bed (for sleeping, anyway).
- what would they get each other for gifts?: Aziraphale used to get Crowley a new houseplant every year, thinking it was a good hobby for the demon that didn’t involve anything particularly nasty. He’s since stopped.
- who kissed who first?: Aziraphale kissed Crowley first.
- who made the first move?: Crowley, technically speaking.
- who remembers things?: Crowley, though he likes to pretend he doesn’t care that much.
- who started the relationship?: Frankly, they don’t even know the answer to this question, so somewhere along the line, they both decided to take the credit for it themselves.
- who cusses more?: Crowley, but Aziraphale’s actually invented some choice words.
- what would they do if the other one was hurt?: Depends, frankly. On the logical, rational side of things, they both know they other is a very powerful being who is capable of taking care of themselves in most situations. Not that the knowledge has ever really stopped them from some mix of worrying (both), fretting over the other (usually Aziraphale, with various levels of how nice or helpful the fretting-over is; see the cooking question above for example), lurking around the other with bonus glowering-at-anyone-who-comes-near action (Crowley, and he does it quite well), that sort of thing. If circumstances go beyond the “they can handle it” stage though, it’s usually enough of a problem that the fact that things tend to end up on fire, or governments overthrown, or, in one instance, a basement flooded with holy water and filled with drowned demons.
I’ve seen these done for the Supernatural and Sherlock fandoms, and I thought it would be cool if we had one too! I’m always interested to know where all of us are from so I’m sure others are interested too.
You can click here to go to see the map
In order to add yourself to the map:
1. Make an account (it takes 2 seconds)
2. Go to the map
3. Click “Add Marker” at the top of the map
4. Search by your town, state, country (I recommend not putting in your address)
5. For Title, put your nickname or url
6. The categories are different markers that you can use to represent you on the map. There’s a bunch so choose whichever you like!
7. In description, put your tumblr url(s)
8. Congrats! You’re added to the map!