"What are they playing at?" said Aziraphale.
“I don’t know,” said Crowley, “but I think it’s called silly buggers.” His tone suggested that he could play, too. And do it better.
(good omens with jackie chan and jet li for heartandsleeves) (/shameless)
OH MY GOD TAKE MY MONEY GIVE THIS TO ME
OH MY GOD IS THIS REAL IS IT A THING I HAVE MONEY AND I WILL SEND IT PLACES.
people of tumblr, gaze upon this face
is this not the most perfect aziraphale that you have ever laid eyes on
I challenge anyone to disagree with me
O-OH MY FUCKING GOD WOW
b-but he’s too sexy though
aziraphale isn’t anywhere near that attractive
GO Prompt: Gallery
“Good Omens art promp idea! Crowley has a pic of Azzi naked, its very tasteful with urns and stuff so its real art! it was done in the 19th Century when Crowley was having his err nap. Not sure if Azzi know he has it. Crowley didn’t know about it till he saw it in the gallery.”
Crowley sauntered through the art gallery and smiled to himself.
The 21st century was a good time for evil. With over seven billion people on the planet, more things were going on than ever. Move around now and again, take a trip occasionally, hang around bars and parliament buildings and broadcasting stations, and you were just bound to end up at the right place at the right time every now and then. Later, Hell would tell you how impressed they were with the latest political scandal, or unbelievably inhuman legislation, or the phenomenon of pick-up artists, and you’d nod and smile humbly, why yes, you’re only Hell’s servant, just doing your job, thank you very much.
artist comments: While I’m not too big on the whole “SPN and GO Crowley are the same” fanon, I do like to entertain the thought every now and then. The only way I really see that working is if something awful happened to Aziraphale, leaving Crowley more alone than ever to the point where he’d take drastic measures.
“Aziraphale collected books. If he were totally honest with himself he would have to have admitted that his bookshop was simply somewhere to store them. He was not unusual in this. In order to maintain his cover as a typical second-hand book seller, he used every means short of physical violence to prevent customers from making a purchase. Unpleasant damp smells, glowering looks, erratic opening hours—he was incredibly good at it.”— Neil Gaiman and Terry Prachett (Good Omens)
I read Good Omens recently, and it is awesome!! when is the tv show coming out?
and thanks guys for not un-following me!! i had to move into a new apartment — but everything’s good now!
9/28: quick layout edit cause the other was eating my resolutions… for some reason. hope this doesn’t look too awkward?
veetvoojagigthemagnificent answered: Good Omens/Eighth Doctor crossover!
I guess they got used to it ^^
fun fact: when Anne and me watched the Doctor Who movie, she said that Paul McGann looks like an angel and she kind of could see him playing Aziraphale… ^^
Remember when they face the Devil?
He smiled at Crowley.
“I’d just like to say,” he said, “if we don’t get out of this, that … I’ll have known, deep down inside, that there was a spark of goodness in you.”
“That’s right,” said Crowley bitterly. “Make my day.”
Aziraphale held out his hand.
“Nice knowing you,” he said.
Crowley took it.
“Here’s to the next time,” he said. “And … Aziraphale?”
“Just remember I’ll have known that, deep down inside, you were just enough of a bastard to be worth liking.”
The moment when you realise they’re already talking about each other in the past tense.
Wow tumblr, thanks for letting me know i had something in my inbox, you’re the bestest. (-_-)
- who cooks normally?: They tend to go out to eat, when they feel like it. That said, usually Aziraphale. He’s just…really not good at it.
- how often do they fight?: Eh, well, it really depends what you call a fight. I mean, they haven’t (intentionally) discorporated each other in a few centuries, but they do tend to…bicker sometimes. During one particularly memorable match, Crowley banned Aziraphale from ever even touching the Bentley again, which led to the angel banning Crowley from the bookshop, which turned into one big war of escalation wherein one of them was eventually banned from the whole of Europe. They reconciled after a year or two, though it’s still not a good idea to bring it up. Ever.
- what do they do when they’re away from each other?:Well, Crowley is a demon, and Aziraphale’s an angel, those are jobs unto themselves, so there’s some of wiles and thwartings of them going on.
- nicknames for each other?: “Angel”, “demon”, the usual. Though there was Aziraphale’s failed “monastic period”, which involved Crowley following the angel around the monastery, calling him every food-related nickname he could think of, until he’d snapped and told Crowley to go away. Out loud. In front of the other monks. To be honest, Aziraphale was a terrible monk anyway, and he kept killing the plants somehow.
- who is more likely to pay for dinner?: …Pay? What is this nonsense you speak?
- who steals the covers at night?: Crowley. Mostly because he’s the only one who actually uses the bed (for sleeping, anyway).
- what would they get each other for gifts?: Aziraphale used to get Crowley a new houseplant every year, thinking it was a good hobby for the demon that didn’t involve anything particularly nasty. He’s since stopped.
- who kissed who first?: Aziraphale kissed Crowley first.
- who made the first move?: Crowley, technically speaking.
- who remembers things?: Crowley, though he likes to pretend he doesn’t care that much.
- who started the relationship?: Frankly, they don’t even know the answer to this question, so somewhere along the line, they both decided to take the credit for it themselves.
- who cusses more?: Crowley, but Aziraphale’s actually invented some choice words.
- what would they do if the other one was hurt?: Depends, frankly. On the logical, rational side of things, they both know they other is a very powerful being who is capable of taking care of themselves in most situations. Not that the knowledge has ever really stopped them from some mix of worrying (both), fretting over the other (usually Aziraphale, with various levels of how nice or helpful the fretting-over is; see the cooking question above for example), lurking around the other with bonus glowering-at-anyone-who-comes-near action (Crowley, and he does it quite well), that sort of thing. If circumstances go beyond the “they can handle it” stage though, it’s usually enough of a problem that the fact that things tend to end up on fire, or governments overthrown, or, in one instance, a basement flooded with holy water and filled with drowned demons.
1. Days Like These | Asia
→ I sing it out, shout it out, Gimme death or glory
2. I Wanna Know What Love Is | Foreigner
→ I wanna know what love is, I want you to show me
3. Open Arms | Journey
→ So now I come to you with open arms, Nothing to hide, believe what I say
4. Like A Prayer | Madonna
→ When you call my name it’s like a little prayer, I’m down on my knees, I wanna take you there
5. Sunglasses at Night | Corey Hart
→ Forget my name while you collect your claim, And I wear my sunglasses at night
6. Father Figure | George Michael
→ Sometimes I think that you’ll never understand me, But something tells me together, we’d be happy
7. Power of Love | Huey Lewis & the News
→ It’s strong and it’s sudden and it’s cruel sometimes, But it might just save your life, that’s the power of love
8. Nothing’s Going to Stop Us Now | Starship
→ Looking in your eyes I see a paradise, This world that I found is too good to be true
9. I’d Lie For You (And That’s The Truth) | Meat Loaf
→ Believe me baby, got your name carved on my soul, Cause you’re the only one that I’ll give it to
10. True Colors | Cyndi Lauper
→ I see your true colors and that’s why I love you, So don’t be afraid to let them show