ok so guys who are photosensitve/epileptic or just don’t want to see gifs, you can blacklist *.gif and they will dissappear!
S I G N A L B O O S T
okay! so. here are some websites that i’ve found helpful, as distractions or deterrents from anxiety and/or sadness.
- silk - use rotational
- symmetry to create beautful art
- create your own nebula - the title says it all
- looking at something - rain sound effect, move your mouse around to create different effects. (caution with this one—some of the links at the top of the page lead to websites that are NOT epilepsy/photosensitive friendly)
- the quiet place
- 90 second relaxation exercise
- the thoughts room
- calm.com - guided relaxation exercises coupled with calming nature scenes
- calmsound.com - various relaxing sound effects
- music catcher - easy game featuring relaxing music
- drift - cute game in which you are a bunny trying to jump on balloons
- calming manatee - a manatee who says nice things to you
i hope some of these are helpful bc you deserve to feel relaxed and calm! if you know of any other helpful sites, please feel free to reblog and add them in! :3
psa to photosensitive and epileptic folk: if you do not already have a browser extension to stop all gifs by default, now is the time to get it- tumblr and its advertising customers are very fond of flashing gifs and these will now be placed directly on your dashboard on the desktop and not just mobile
Paused! for Chrome (gifs start only when you click on them)
Active Stop Button for Firefox
Toggle Animated GIFs for Firefox
Firefox users can disable all .gifs by default with no extension:
- In the Location bar type ” about:config ” and hit enter (no quotes/spaces)
- Type “animation” into the filter field to find the preference
- Double-click the image.animation_mode line and edit it from “normal” to “none”
so celebreceipts looks like it basically catalogs shitty (mostly various -ist) things celebs do/say and might be a good resource if you remember someone did something shitty but you can’t remember what! heavy trigger warnings for basically every -ism, but they look to have a great tagging system if you need to use tumblr savior. :)
I either need to find a way to get myself access to an academic library or find a place online where I can pirate academic texts because even with cheap-ass used books on amazon marketplace, my credit card can’t handle this shit.
I’ve got these sites bookmarks for free books:
- Open Culture
- Book Boon
- Flat World Knowledge
- TextBook Revolution
- Amazon Student
- Open Textbooks
I haven’t check them out personally but I hope one of them helps!
holy shit!! thank you so much!!